Friday 8 February 2013

Digitally printed cushions.


I had a few of my illustrations printed onto organic cotton hemp by Frankie and Swiss last week.  It was very exciting to see my work enlarged and in the form of fabric, which is weird because I used to work as a textile/ graphic designer and see my work as fabric all the time....
Above and below: my volcano, which spews molten lava at the front but has a very calming vintage rose print at the back.
 Above and below: my little blue apple man, who looks so funny as a stuffed doll but is kind of  endearing.


Above and below: the burning house.  It has a rather homely and relaxing blue and white ticking stripe for its back.  

They are all in the shop.  (The tree cushion is not, it's in Sara Carr's.)

5 comments:

mimi k said...

I love them! It is something I think about too.

Saskia said...

Love them all Sandra, especially the blue apple man! It must feel wonderful seeing your illustrations all plumped up and gorgeous. Frankie & Swiss are ace.

Anonymous said...

creative !
keep up your great job...

Unknown said...

Sandra these are complete genius! I love all of them. Will most definitely be snaffling a volcano. X beck

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Saskia, Dedek, Beck but particularly Mimi -- my stuffed things are primary school level compared to your beauties!!!