Thursday 18 August 2011

Fashion pretend

This piece is for my illustration portfolio.  A pretend fashion editorial of sorts, with a couple of odd things thrown in just because I can.  Other than the pipe, African mask and knitted scarf, most of the items were nabbed from Net-a-Porter.  As a former fashion industry employee I can tell you that Net-a-Porter can be useful in all sorts of ways... but I might leave that there.  What I can say is that its incredibly detailed photographs can also be great for the budding illustrator.

The underwear, below, is the part I am happiest with:


T-shirt by A.P.C.  Even though I am admittedly a fan of A.P.C, I'm not sure that this sort of irony works when it comes from a big and relatively expensive clothing label.  What do you think?  Or maybe it works better if your first (or sole) language is French?! 

7 comments:

when skies are grey said...

Great work, love the detail on the bra and panty set :)

Julianne said...

My teenage daughter needs that t-shirt. All she talks about is fashion. If I hear one more thing about coloured brogues and peterpan collars, floral pedal pushers and denim jackets I think I will have to beat my head repeatedly agains the wall. Funny thing is - the t-shirt could really take off!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Kim -- lovely to hear from you, it makes me happy to know that you like it. :) Thank you.

Julianne -- great to hear from you too! I think your daughter sounds very stylish, I love the sound of all of those things. I love how the teens are dressing right now, so much better than the full-on 80s stuff! Bleh.

The t-shirt actually works out to be about $60 I think, which is not cheap for a t-shirt, but pretty cheap for APC.....

Mad Cat Lady said...

I am loving all the things you have classified as fashion. And I particularly LOVE your bird (and burger) chicks. I have to save up so I can buy some :)

You are a bright spark to my day.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Lovely to hear from you Mad Cat Lady, it's been AGES and it's so nice to see your sweet smiling face!!!
:)

Alice said...

Adoro tu mezcla de gran arte, increíble sentido del humor, y pensamiento crítico... para mi ver tu blog es saludable e inspirador, gracias!!!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Alice, you are so sweet, or dulce perhaps?! So lovely. :)