Wednesday 15 June 2011

Birds of Paradise



Not long ago I did two things. I read an article in Frankie on internet dating, in which the author* lamented the phenomenon of men wanting to meet women with "no baggage", among other things. I also watched a documentary narrated by David Attenborough which showed the incredible courtship rituals of the birds of paradise of New Guinea. As I watched the male birds preen and fail to win over the female every time, it reminded me of those men that the Frankie writer described, and it made sense to combine the two.

* I don't have a copy of issue 41 so I can't cite the author unfortunately.

7 comments:

swinkie said...

certainly makes sense to me... and aren't these boys better for their paradisial additions!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks dear Swinkie! I hope it helps them a little.
:)

P R I M O E Z A said...

funny. i wonder if it is possible to find a person without baggage...

jen storer said...

I am still smiling, sandra. they are so inspired! x

Alice said...

Vaya modelos de hombre! los reales ni con plumas de colores, ni con bailes exóticos.... no para mi al menos!!!! Los tuyos... adorables, fantástico humor!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Elizabeth -- thank you. I don't think it's possible to find a human being without baggage -- as the article says, baggage is what makes us.

Hi Jen and Alice -- thank you so much, I am really glad that you like them. My heart is warmed even though my hands are cold!!!

Time for another cup of tea. :)

Kitty Kilian said...

These boys are fun!