Monday 10 May 2010

Lady is the House, II

Today I finished the plywood house previously shown on this recent post. (Red autumnal leaves added for the pleasure of Northern Hemisphere viewers.)
I very much enjoyed adding the dotted curtain detail to the windows.

A scan of the little legs.

And -- bonus -- here's a head and arms which were going to be attached to the roof of the house. However after I slotted in the legs I thought that it looked complete, and perhaps more interesting: I think that often it's better to give the viewer a little bit of work to do. The best thing is that now I have another half finished piece. Yippee!! Hmmm...now I'll enjoy working out what to use for her body...
In case anyone is wondering, the reason why this post is titled Lady is the House, II is because there's a Lady is the House I, here.

6 comments:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

This looks great well done!

Elaine Prunty said...

Love it Sandra, Brillant detail and personality in the actual house and the addition of the legs gives it an enigmatic brillance ,
ps : the red leaves are indeed very pleasurable , thank you so much for that ;0)

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Elaine and Deborah!

I am very pleased indeed that you like my new little house. Yes indeed Elaine -- the red leaves were for you!

Hope you are coping OK with the election results...

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love your little house with legs.... love those lace curtains too!

Kickcan & Conkers said...

And here I am again, borrowing pics from your blog...

http://kickcanandconkers.blogspot.com/2010/05/mid-week-picks-dolls-houses.html

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Sally, thank you -- lovely to meet you!!!

And thank you Deborah, I am very honoured to be part of your beautiful blog AGAIN. :)