Thursday 29 April 2010

New mirrors for Craft Hatch

I love everything about making my little mirrors except photographing them, which I find incredibly difficult. (They actually look quite nice in real life. ) Above: if you buy the Lips mirror, I promise that you won't get the maker's arm all over them. I am very fond of the little hat too. Even drawing knitted things provides me knitting-like pleasure!
That's a back issue of my favourite magazine there too: The World of Interiors. Over the years, no other magazine has come close in terms of inspiration. Try your local library.
The British series, with that wonderful portrait of The Duke of Windsor wearing the Fair Isle sweater that made that style of knitting so fashionable that every man had to have one. And why not, I say?!
I have made these mirrors to sell at Craft Hatch on June 12.
It would be lovely to see you there.

6 comments:

Mad Cat Lady said...

I totally want the lips one! I shall work out my budget and get back to you :)

Elaine Prunty said...

I hope you'll sell everything , they are just so darned clever...
" did you ever know that your my hero" ......

A latte beckons said...

Fair Isle jumpers always make me think of Tristan Farnon! (I made my mum knit me a Fair Isle vest in 1982 so I could pretend he was my boyfriend and I'd borrowed it...)

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Mad Cat Lady! Good to hear from you. I'll keep it for you or I could even make you another. Thank you!

Elaine you are SO LOVELY!!! I hope that you realise that I appreciate your encouragement ALOT.

Hi Kate -- that is the cutest thing I have heard in ages. Do you still have the vest? Imagine Alice in it!! I love that whole British aesthetic and I agree with you, he looks dishy, and so timeless: http://www.bbcprograms.com/pbs/catalog/allcreatures/images/0105acgs.jpg

Mad Cat Lady said...

w00t! package has arrived safely and is awesome. the t-shirt is lovely. I am wearing it out to breakfast :) thank you

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Mad Cat Lady Samantha,
I am so pleased that the package arrived safely and well. I'm even more pleased that you like the t-shirt! I hope it had a lovely breakfast out in sunny Brisbane.
Thanks and all the best!